What is a good small dog that will not hunt rodents? Best Serious Answer 10 Points?

I want a small dog that will not hunt rodents but, basically everyone said that all dogs hunt rodents? Any suggestions on a dog to get (that will not hunt rodents, I have two pet gerbils)

Update:

I would never let a dog and a gerbil that is not caged in the same room together. That would be a disaster.

Comments

• Peckingese...they are stubborn but smart and mine never chased rodents

• Good question - but I don't know of any dog that would pass up having a whack at a gerbil.

I think your only choice to put the gerbil tank up on a shelf that is not accessible by standing on anything else in the room like a chair or a desk.

Small things like that are food to any dog breed, not even just the ones that were bred specifically to hunt rodents.

Dogs are predators, rodents are food.

• might help with good training

but most small dogs were bred to hunt rodents\

should not have them in same room without a cage and supervision

• I don't think it's so much a "rodent" thing as the fact that you have two little beasties running around. (From the way you phrase your question it appears they are on the loose. If caged/no problem.)

ANY dog is going to be excited and chase two little varmints. It's just instinct. Whether they eat them or not would remain to be seen...............but, of course, you don't want it to get that far.

So, I'm saying..........cage those gerbils, up off the floor, or no dog.

• ok i cant answer all of them, yet i'm going to respond to those i'd properly be extreme on. the third hand on the watch is the only that is seen to count quantity the seconds. i might nevertheless puppy a cat or canines with out any fur. I even have never seen a toad on a toadstool until it replaced into pretend. i think of the vehicle parking zone for the bars are truly meant for the d.d. if the ppl are truly clever sufficient to have one. it is observed as rush hour, through fact distinctive ppl get off of paintings on an identical time, and that i do no longer understand approximately u yet after paintings i'm in a hurry to get abode so i might think of they are additionally. i do no longer probably understand concerning to the candy, through fact they make the peppermint candy canes with an identical components, and that they do no longer do this. i do no longer understand why they use the word fiction for pretend yet while that propose pretend then non fiction might could be actual or in distinctive words. no longer pretend. this is the only ones i'd properly be extreme on. i'm hoping it truly works for you.

• Toy Poodle.

• Dachund i have 4 they do wonders