teen pregancy?

I am 16 years old, and I took 5 pregnancy tests and they all said that I was pregnant. So i asked my boyfriend to take me to the doctor and confirmed that I am pregnant. I was devastated and excited at the same time. I am extremely nervous of how I should break news the parents. Can someone please help me out a little please?

Comments

• Maybe you should take some time to consider your feelings about the situation and your plans for dealing with it. Are you going to have the baby and keep it or put it up for adoption? Where will you live? How will you support yourself and a baby? How does this fit in with your future?

You don't need to have a well thought out plan and decision on all that, but some general ideas to show them you've given some thought to how serious becoming a parent is.

Don't wait too long, though, because the support of your family and friends during pregnancy is invaluable.

• I had gotten pregnant when I was 15, so I know where you are coming from. I know the excitment of the thought of being a mom and having a child and being scared at the same time, because you dont really know what you are going to do (since you cant have a full time job under 18 so how are you going to support your family) and all the thoughts that go through your mind.

You have to tell your parents eventually. First of all though, I really feel that you should make a decision on what you plan on doing (keep the baby, put the baby up for adoption, or abortion. You have to consider everyone this affects, your parents, you, the baby's father, but MOST IMPORTANTLY the baby). Then when you are 100% sure of what you want to do after you have thought long and hard about it and talked to the baby's father (if you are including him in all this) then you should talk to your parents. There are a couple ways you can tell them. You can write them a letter explaining everything, this way they know exactly everything you want to tell them without any interruptions and the whole point gets across. Or you can just sit them down and tell them that there is something very important that you need to talk to them about, and just let them know. Its best not to just blurt it out... but dont beat around the bush either. For example " Mom, Dad, there is something really important that you need to know. I know that you may be disappointed in me and I understand if you get upset, but please, now more than ever i need you to listen and try to be as emotionally supportive as you can."

Maybe not worded the best but hey, it was just something off the top of my head. You should give it more thought though. Good luck in everything and hope it goes well when you tell your parents. If you want to talk you can email me.

• First take the time to sit and think about what you want to do...You not anyone else! And once you have decided than go from there.

I made the mistake of rushing to my Bf's work when I found out...hahah I wish someone had gotten it on tape it was right out of a comedy movie. I too was devastated and excited at the same time

Sometimes parents are a lot more understanding than we give them credit for. Just remember 110% of the desciion of what you do is up to you.

16, 26, 36....Pregnancy is Scary. So best of luck

• I was 17 when I found out I was pregnant. I had so many emotions running through me I didn't even know what to think. The only thing I really knew was my parents were going to kill me. I waited two weeks to tell my mom. She was more understanding about it, but I sat down when she was reading a book and I just started talking to her and then I just got it over with it and came clean. We went to the doctor without my dad knowing to confirm it and then she told him. Without my mom I don't know what would have happened. they gave me to options either abortion which I am against or adoption which I didn't want some other family raising my baby. So I told them that and they told me to get out. Luckily my boyfriends dad was more ok with it and I lived with them. Its never easy breaking the news but if you need someone to talk to you can always email me, [email protected] I am now 20 years old, I have a 1 and 2 year old, plus my husband and I planned to have another baby so he or she will be here in 5 months. Whatever you do I wish you the best of luck and hope that everything works out for you.

• There are some things in this life that just have to be done, no matter how difficult. This is one of them.

No parent of a teenager is hoping to hear that she is pregnant, or that he's fathered a child. It's something that they dread, but also something that most parents can cope with...once you've given them enough time to get a grip, that is.

Sit them down, and let them know. It helps, by the by, if you also have some sort of plan with regard to how you plan on handling all this. Remember that you've been their little girl for as long as they've known you, and this isn't going to change overnight. The only thing that can truly benefit you in this situation is to lay out for them what your intentions are (adoption, keep the baby, abortion) and how you plan on dealing with the outcome of all this.

It's a huge step, I'll admit. This is not something which you'd planned for - because it's not something that you (obviously) set out to do. But take it one step at a time and you'll get through it. I promise.

• That's a tough situation to be in. I would break the news to your parents one at a time starting with the one you are closest with. Then the two of you can work through the shock and break the news to the other parent. I hope everything turns out well and if your boyfriend is going to be there for you it will make things all the more easy.

• You can get through this. I has just turned 17 when I found out I was pregnant. Well, first off don't tell them in the car (wayyyy to dangerous) and don't do it out in public. Maybe write them a letter, that's what I did. I put it on my Dad's pillow and then went to bed. Well, he came in an hour later and was very supportive. Hopefully, your parents will be the same way. Just try and get things done and over with, the longer you wait the harder it will get.

• i was 18 when i fell pregnant with twins, i was feeling the same way you are, i was so scared of telling my parents as well, i was brought up in a christian house hold, but i was shocked to find my parents were more excited and over the moon then i was. i cant promise you that youll have the same result, but what i can say is try to relax, the sooner you tell them the better that way theyll have longer to get over the shock and hopefully even be able to offer you support and get excited. The best way to tell them is to sit them down at home, have your boyfriend there to show that he is supporting you and not running from the responsiblity, and tell them straight out, dont beat around the bush. if they get angry its important to remember not to fight them, they will need to get used to the idea... goodluck and congrats :)

• Wow..that would be scary. I'm sorry...but it will all work out for the best...

Maybe you should just sit your parents down and tell them..approach them like an adult..that way they can see that you are willing to make a good effort as a parent.

Good luck to you. I wish you nothing but the best.

• I was 16 when I found out I was pregnant. I told my mom first. She cried and so did I. But she was really supportive, we told my dad together later. They were divorced but I do think that telling the one that you are closest to is easiest.